CBT for generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
Are you struggling with a constant feeling of anxiety?
It’s time to get help when:
- You frequently feel excessively worried about your life
- You predict one disaster after another
- You think that your worrying will prevent bad things from happening
- You find it difficult to tolerate any degree of uncertainty
- You worry that your worries are becoming out of control
- You can’t turn off your worry, and it's affecting your daily life
- You’re finding it hard to sleep, or you have nausea, IBS symptoms, aches and pains, difficulty concentrating, and are indecisive or feel hopeless
- You no longer enjoy activities or events which used to be pleasurable
- You feel chronically anxious or depressed
CBT and GAD
Guidelines produced by NICE (the National Institute of Clinical Excellence) recommend CBT, as the most effective psychological treatment to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder, with the longest duration of effect. Drug treatment is also an option and can be used in combination with psychological therapy.