CBT for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
What is OCD?
OCD is a form of anxiety disorder characterised by you feeling inappropriate, repugnant and distressing intrusive thoughts, images or impulses (obsessions) that occur against your will.
Are you struggling with OCD?
It’s time to get help when:
- You are thinking about causing harm to yourself or others – or you have done so
- Your efforts to resist compulsive acts or rituals make you increasingly anxious
- You are unduly worried about contamination and germs
- You have distressing violent, sexual or blasphemous thoughts
- You can’t control your need to order and arrange items
- You are hoarding
CBT and OCD
It is recommended that CBT should be the first line of treatment if you are living with OCD.
There is a large body of evidence from clinical research trials that show CBT to be the most effective form of treatment for OCD.
How can I make an appointment?
To make an appointment, please give us a call now on 0207 929 7911, request a call back here or send us a message here.