- Postgraduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- MA Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- PG Certificate in CBT Clinical Supervision (pursuing)
- BSc (Joint Hons) Science & Psychology
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) trained
- BABCP Accredited Practitioner
Poonam is an accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and completed her specialist training in CBT at the University of Surrey, as well as Masters in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy at the University of Derby. In addition to her private work, she has eight years of experience working in NHS primary and secondary care services, specialising in adult mental health. She continues to work full-time within the NHS for South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust as a CBT therapist, in an IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) service where she provides treatment for depression and anxiety-related difficulties, conducting wellbeing workshops and supervising junior members of staff.
Poonam is highly skilled and experienced in treating a wide range of difficulties including depression, anxiety, phobias, stress, relationship problems, trauma, sleep problems, anger, grief and loss, low self-esteem, lack of confidence and occupational difficulties.