Our BABCP certified cognitive behavioural therapy services in the Reading clinic is headed by Munya Chigwada.
Our therapists are chosen for their professional quality and their clinical expertise. For an assessment of your needs in the Reading, area calls Sophie in our Efficacy office. Sophie is our Client Liaison Officer, and she will endeavour to answer any questions you may have and will help you to book an appointment.
Dr David Purves
- D.Phil (Psychology) Oxford
- MSc Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- British Psychological Society Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy
- HCPC registered
Dr David Purves is a Chartered Consultant Psychologist, and Health Professions Council accredited psychological Practitioner.
- BABCP Accredited Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapist in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice (Mental Health)
- PG Dip in Psychological Intervention (CBT)
- Psychosocial Interventions for Serious Mental Illness
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
Munya is an experienced therapist who is passionate about helping people make a difference in their lives. This underpins his work with people in both NHS and private settings. Over the past ten years, Munya has worked with children, adolescents, families and adults as well as older adults from all walks of life. Munya’s professional experience includes effective treatment of a range of mental health problems from mild to severe problems including acutely unwell people in crisis.