Matthew Wesson heads our BABCP certified cognitive behavioural therapy services in the Cheshire area.
- EMDR Europe Accredited Trainer
- BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
- PG Dip in Cognitive Therapy, Oxford University.
- EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant
- NVQ Level 4 in Management.
- Registered Community Mental Health Nurse (Specialist Practitioner).
- Grad Dip (with distinction) Community Mental Health, Oxford Brookes University.
- BA (Hons) Community Studies, University of Portsmouth.
- Dip HE in Mental Health Nursing, University of Portsmouth.
Matt is an enthusiastic, friendly, caring and confident psychotherapist who is accredited in both CBT and EMDR with over 20 years’ experience in the field of mental health. He can treat a wide range of difficulties including depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), driving anxiety, low self-esteem, generalised anxiety, stress, grief and phobias amongst many others. He has a track record of success with people from a variety of backgrounds and has significant experience in working on an individual basis as well as in group therapy. Matt is a skilled supervisor and supports many other clinicians from the NHS, private practice and the charitable sector. He is an accomplished trainer and regularly teaches other clinicians in specialist areas such as trauma, as well as non-medical staff in mental health-related subjects. He has presented at several international conferences and has authored various articles in academic journals.
Matt has significant experience in occupational mental health settings including supporting people in dealing with work-related difficulties and also helping those with mental health conditions successfully return to work. He also specialises in trauma and PTSD through his 21 years’ experience in the military both in the UK and combat zones abroad. He is one of only 7 EMDR Europe Accredited Trainers in the UK and Ireland, which is a NICE/UK Government recommended treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). He also has a particular interest in Mindfulness and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).