High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) in Biology and Junior/Middle Education
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW)
- Approved Social Worker (ASW) Award, later converted to Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP)
- Practice Teaching Award
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Therapy
- EMDR parts 1, 2 and 3
Karen’s psychotherapy is informed by over 20 years’ experience in mental health across the broadest spectrum of settings and difficulties - from primary care (GP surgery) level to clients with major mental illness in the community as well as with patients in or leaving secure hospitals/units.
Also, Karen’s work and understanding of human problems benefit from nearly 30 years in social work across every age of client and type of difficulty/disability and also different kinds of teaching experience.